Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Past

Written by: Jeffrey Bedford

Are there things you wish you wouldn’t have done…things you wouldn’t have said….or things that you should have done or said? I’m sure we all have hundreds that we could name, but the fact that we all have them doesn’t make it any easier on the individual.

My past still hurts me at times…thinking about all the anger I had built up…anger that I let out on total strangers…as well as people I love. Will I ever be able to accept this past and move on with my life? No, not entirely I don’t think. I do feel that these past feelings have helped shaped me into the person that I am today…a much more calm and loving young man.

There are things that I will never be able to change…but I can, and we all can, learn from them and grow. I know now that I never want to be that guy again. The only purpose we have on this Earth is to love others…and to love ourselves as well. I’m still not completely satisfied with who I am, but I do know that I’m on the right track.

Everyone messes up…but we can all grow…and we are all capable of loving…and BEING loved. Everyone is worth something, and at the same time worth everything.

I challenge you to love someone today…be it saving someone from a burning building or simply calling your grandmother who may be lonely.


photography: Velvet


More from Jeff at:

http://www.continuedgrace.com/

No comments: